• PM Lee Hsien Loong discusses Asia’s potential at Boao Forum 2023
• Challenges faced by Asia and the role of cooperation
• Strengthening ties and promoting an open region
Today, we’re taking a fun and simple look at PM Lee Hsien Loong’s speech at the Boao Forum for Asia Annual Conference 2023.
Asia’s Potential and Challenges
Our PM shared that Asia is a lively place with lots of energy and ideas.
With huge economies like China and India, Asia is growing fast.
But to reach its full potential, Asia must stay peaceful and open.
Sadly, the world is facing problems.
COVID-19 changed our lives and the recent conflict in Ukraine has made things worse.
PM Lee said the US-China tensions are most worrisome.
If they don’t get along, everyone suffers. Hope they can cooperate!
What Can Asia Do?
PM Lee had 3 main ideas for Asia:
- Build good relationships with China and other countries. This means more investments, trade, and working together. Singapore is already doing that with China – lots of business going on between the 2 countries.
- The countries in Asia should work together more. ASEAN was brought up as a great example by PM Lee. We will be stronger if we help each other more.
- Keep Asia open to the rest of the world. This means stay as friends with the US, Europe, and other countries. It will make Asia a better place for everyone.
Actionable and Practical Takeaways
• Learn more about the Boao Forum and what it means for Asia
• Be aware of the challenges Asia faces and how Singapore can help
• Stay informed about Singapore’s relationships with other countries
PM Lee Hsien Loong’s speech at the Boao Forum shows that Asia has a bright future, but we need to work together to overcome challenges.
What do you think we can do in Singapore to help Asia become even better?