- Automated Clearance Initiative (ACI) expanded to more lanes and passport holders.
- Over 4 million foreign visitors have already cleared immigration through ACI.
- ICA aims for 95% of all arrivals at Changi Airport to be cleared through automated lanes by 2024.
Today we talk about something very shiok – the Automated Immigration Clearance (ACI) that makes our life so much easier, especially when we travel.
Expanding ACI to More Lanes and Countries
Bro, you know ah, last time only got 16 countries using the ACI, but now got 51 countries can use liao.
Now got 130 automated lanes at Changi Airport and 40 at land checkpoints.
4 Million Foreign Visitors and Counting
Eh, did you know, over 4 million foreign visitors already use this ACI to clear immigration?
They just need to use their biometrics like iris, facial, and fingerprint images.
Then, they get one electronic visit pass (ePass) emailed to them after immigration clearance. So high-tech sia!
ICA Aiming High for Automated Clearance
Our ICA people are very hardworking hor.
They aim for 95% of all arrivals at Changi Airport to be cleared through automated lanes by 2024.
Imagine, almost everyone can just use automated lanes; no need to queue for so long!
Assistant Commissioner Phua Chiew Hua said: “With the ACI, those eligible can now proceed directly to the automated lanes for immigration clearance, even if it is their first time visiting Singapore.”
Actionable & Practical Takeaways for Eligible Visitors
- Check if your country is eligible for ACI before visiting Singapore.
- Submit for free the SG Arrival Card through MyICA Mobile app or ICA website, up to 3 days prior to arrival.
- Proceed to the automated lanes at Immigration Clearance.
- Insert your passport into the machine for verification.
- Follow instructions on screen to present your biometrics (iris, facial and fingerprint).
- You’ll be notified of your successful enrolment into the ACI through your electronic visit pass (e-Pass) via email.
To conclude, our Singapore is very advanced liao.
Automated Immigration Clearance is making our life so much easier; no need to queue so long at the checkpoints.
It’s like eating ice kacang on a hot day, so shiok!
So, what do you think about the ACI?
Share with us your experience using the automated lanes.
You think got any room for improvement?