- Got inaugural Annual Ministerial Dialogue (1st AMD) on 14 June 2023.
- Friendly relationship between Singapore and Malaysia.
- Trade and Investment together hit USD 83.53 billion in 2022; SG one of top foreign direct investment (FDI) giver to MY, 8.3% of total FDI in 2022!
Hey bae, first good news from MTI ah, talkin bout this First Annual Ministerial Dialogue (AMD).
It’s between the Ministry of Investment, Trade and Industry Malaysia; and the Ministry of Trade and Industry, Singapore lah.
Wah, sibeh atas, the ministers come together like Batman and Superman team up.
So what happened during AMD?
First AMD was like dat chit-chat corner at coffee shop lor, review liao some agreements, see who got lobang for the digital economy and green economy.
Eh hello, still got new taskforce setup for cross-border trade!
Those MITI, MATRADE, MTI, IMDA, and MAS ppl all team up like Avengers ah!
Woo green economy leh!
Green economy thing also step-up a bit man!
Got MATRADE and Enterprise Singapore to help exporters transition to sustainability, and share experiences.
Some say next session focusing on sustainability reporting and green financing in July 2023.
Exchange knowledge sessions also!
Also hor, they jio each other to attend seminars, talks and dialogues.
For digital trade, good regulatory and governance frameworks sibeh swee-cha!
And their dialogs on green economy include some EVs, developing hydrogen economy and energy technology.
Wah then how now?
What now, right?
So these ministers going to work closely together like sardine in a can ah, fight the crazy world economy together.
Double-confirm want strengthen SG-MY economy relationship.
Aiyoh, what should we do?
- Maybe, go learn some digital trideo– I mean, digital trade and green economy stuff lah!
- Look out for more of these cooperation projects between SG and MY, cause good opportunities might pop, pop, pop like fish balls!
- Eh, share good news la! Tell all our friendlies bout the power of SG-MY and how to work together in biz!
Remember teamwork makes the dream work mah, just like SG and MY working together!
Source: JOINT MEDIA RELEASE OF THE FIRST ANNUAL MINISTERIAL DIALOGUE BETWEEN THE MINISTRY OF INVESTMENT, TRADE AND INDUSTRY MALAYSIA; AND THE MINISTRY OF TRADE AND INDUSTRY, SINGAPORE.