- Free entry to The Battlebox from Oct 3, 2023.
- Global Cultural Alliance takes over as new operator.
- Non-profit introduces VR elements for immersive experiences.
Hey bae, guess what? The Straits Times said The Battlebox in Fort Canning Park is reopening on Oct 3, 2023, and now it’s totally free to visit!
Ahh, the good ol’ Battlebox
So umm, you might not know this, but The Battlebox was where the British decided to surrender to the Japanese during World War II.
It’s like, super historic and all.
Anyway, now this non-profit arts and culture organisation, Global Cultural Alliance, is taking over and making it free for everyone. Can you believe it?
VR madness, bro
Ok lah, admission is free, but if you want to try out those cool virtual reality enhancements they’re adding, you’ve gotta pay a bit.
But hey, think about how awesome it’ll be to immerse yourself in those historic moments, right?
Like, instead of just reading about history, you’re IN it.
As Michel Tan from Global Cultural Alliance told ST, you’re “not just be passive bystanders reading about history that has passed.”
Guided tours & stuff
Hey dude, so they’re also going to have guided tours and all that jazz, but the prices for those will be announced later. Just so you know, lah.
Actionable takeaways, sis
- Mark Oct 3, 2023, on your calendar for the Battlebox reopening! Free entry, bro!
- Experience World War II history like never before with VR elements (charges apply).
- Stay tuned for guided tour pricing and info! Don’t miss out, ok?
So there you have it, friends.
The Battlebox Singapore is making a comeback with free entry, VR experiences, and guided tours.
It’s like trying to balance a watermelon on a toothpick – it’s wild, slightly bizarre, but ultimately fascinating.
Don’t forget to spread the word, alright?
Now it’s your turn, how stoked are you for the Battlebox reopening?