- MOM say got 11 public holidays next year.
- Got 5 long weekends to relax.
- If working on a public holiday, can get extra pay or substitute another day off.
MOM just released Singapore public holiday 2024.
Do you know what that means? We can start planning our time off!
The Line-up of Public Holidays
There will be 11 gazetted public holidays in 2024, and their dates are as follows:
- New Year’s Day: 1 Jan (Monday)
- Chinese New Year: 10 Feb (Saturday) and 11 Feb (Sunday, followed by a public holiday on Monday, 12 Feb)
- Good Friday: 29 Mar (Friday)
- Hari Raya Puasa: 10 Apr (Wednesday)
- Labour Day: 1 May (Wednesday)
- Vesak Day: 22 May (Wednesday)
- Hari Raya Haji: 17 Jun (Monday)
- National Day: 9 Aug (Friday)
- Deepavali: 31 Oct (Thursday)
- Christmas Day: 25 Dec (Wednesday)
Long Weekends, Wah!
So, you know those long weekends?
Good time to go to JB Makan or stay home and sleep all day, also can.
Next year, we got 5 of these long weekends.
New Year’s Day, Chinese New Year, Good Friday, Hari Raya Haji, and National Day fall on Friday, Sunday or Monday.
|Public Holiday||Long Weekend|
|New Year’s Day (1 Jan, Mon)||31 Dec 2023 – 1 Jan 2024|
|Chinese New Year 2nd Day (11 Feb, Sun)||10-12 Feb 2024|
|Good Friday (29 Mar, Fri)||29-31 Mar 2024|
|Hari Raya Haji (17 Jun, Mon)||15-17 June 2024|
|National Day (9 Aug, Fri)||9-11 August 2024|
Like that, you can enjoy more time with your friends, family, or even your favourite video game.
But hor, remember to plan in advance.
Working on Public Holidays, Can or Not?
Now you must be thinking: “Eh, what if I kena work on a public holiday? How?” Don’t worry, lah.
Your boss must pay you extra if you work on a public holiday.
Or you can choose to take another day off.
Also can discuss with your boss to get time-off-in-lieu.
Actionable & Practical Takeaways
- Mark your calendar now. Don’t say bo jio.
- Start planning for your holidays. Maybe we can consider a staycation or a road trip to Malaysia.
- If you need to work on a public holiday, discuss with your boss about the compensation.
Next year sure got more time to relax.
What’s your favourite way to spend a long weekend? Maybe you can share some tips with us?