- Regional Anti-Scam Conference 2023 held in Singapore to unite 15 countries against scams.
- International cooperation, operational processes, and information sharing as key ways to combat scammers.
- Embracing technology to help fight scams and safeguard people from falling victims.
Hello ladies and gentlemen, ready for some juicy news on stopping scams?
MHA announced an Anti-Scam Conference held in Singapore with abang and kakak from 15 countries coming together, all pumped up to fight scam thugs.
Together We Fight Scams
Ah, these scams are like annoying mosquitoes, always buzzing around people to suck their hard-earned money.
Companies and governments be like, “Wah lau eh! Let’s unite to slap these mosquitoes down!”
Ms. Sun Xueling, Minister of State, shared in her speech how important it is to work together, cuz these scammers know no borders, lah.
Step Up The Game To Catch Scammers
So, how do we catch these money-eating thugs?
It’s like playing kabaddi – gotta be faster, stronger, and smarter!
There are 3 main ideas:
- Improving operational processes
- Setting international guidelines
- Sharing information as an international community
Imagine getting 15 players together to corner that scammer while shouting, “Kabaddi, kabaddi!”
Freeze Their Cash Flow
Scammers be like snakes, slithering their ill-gotten gains across borders, but nations like superhero teams can unite against these snake charmers, trace the money, and freeze their accounts.
If we slow down their money flow, we’re one step closer to getting rid of them.
International Norms For Better Scam Protection
Aunties gossiping is annoying, but we need that connection on an international level to share what we know about scams, you feel me?
If we create a set of norms for all countries, we get better control of scams, and everyone can help keep the Internet a safe place to chill.
Sharing Is Caring
We know knowledge is power, so we gotta share our knowledge to fight scams better.
It’s like playing a game of whack-a-mole: if one country finds a new scam, sharing the info with others helps us whack them faster!
Technology To The Rescue
What if the cape we wear to fight scams is technology?
We can use tech to monitor and block suspicious transactions – like a firewall to protect our kaching.
Plus, authorities are exploring how to verify incoming calls, just like the SMS Sender ID Registry does for messages.
But Here’s What You Can Do
- Stay alert to any news about scams, so you’ll know how to protect yourself.
- If something feels fishy, don’t hesitate to double-check with authorities or loved ones.
- Remember, together we win; never share personal info with strangers!
So bae, don’t be scared or kiasu about scams.
We’re fighting them together, ya?
With everyone’s help, we’ll make the Internet a safer place for everyone.
Question time: have you ever encountered a weird scam?
Share your story in the comments below, and let’s all have a good laugh!